Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

More to line the bottom of a bird cage....

Every sunday morning I have a ritual. It's something I've been doing for a long time, and do it before I do aaaanything else! Before I brush my teeth, before I get dressed, before I even think about cleaning the house (blah!) I make my coffee, sit in the warm sunlight and read the sunday paper while listening to 1920's or old style jazz. At the end of my ritual, I grab all the ads and peruse through the grocery coupons and odds and ends that I want...and really don't need. Well, I come across this.....

Photobucket

That's eight folks, count'em EIGHT Direct TV ads!!! Is this REALLY necessary? Guess they really need customers.

I already have the service, and I like it!
I'm even more thrilled that I have local doppler radar back! Now I can stare at The Weather Channel again :) Hello friend! I missed you!!
Man, remember when cable first came out? That box with the 50 ft cable attached to the tv, and it had a slider to change the channels, and at that time it was what...50 channels? My cousins and I would run the slider up and down the box and drive my grandparents nuts! *veem veem veeeeem* I think we broke it once too. OO remember having to WALK up to the tv to CHANGE the channels??? And they had those metal antennas that you had to move around, you'd sometimes have one hand holding it and had to lift your leg in the air to get a good reception, so you'd sucker your sibling (or in my case my cousin) to stand there just so you could watch the Smurfs? O yeah, good times!!
~c

Next week we'll talk about MTV and when they use to play music!!!

2 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

now that is reedeeculous! have an awesome weekend!!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

AWWWWW!!!! These are super awesome!! I love the black and white picture the best w/ that swirly thing behind them :) Great job, guys!!

 

Modified by Danielle