Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Facing my fears

I'm extremely afraid of tornadoes. I mean...they're my biggest fear in life! My husband and I lived in Oklahoma for a few years, and I've been through a ton of warnings, have had bags packed to run out to a safe room...and there they get HUGE. I've seen the damage from the one that hit Moore, OK. And let me tell you, in the mid-west, they have the most detailed radar for tornadoes. They can tell you exactly where that puppy is touching or hovering over. But, have never seen one. I would freak out..I mean F R E A K out! My in-laws would razz me about it once in awhile. It's the LeMarr way ;-)

So, leave it to moving back to Florida, to see my first tornado. I know my in-laws are wondering what my reaction was. I was on a MAJOR adrenaline rush! I was AMAZED! I saw it when I was leaving work. Wondering what the heck it was. A cloud going straight down to the ground. I had trees in my view for a good portion of my drive on I-10, but once I got to Stockton, BAM there it was.
Now, this is from the iphone...this is the best I could do while I was shaking. I had pulled over for this...
Photobucket

Once I got to the Fuller Warren bridge, traffic basically stopped. We were ALL watching it! Course, this was a water spout.
Here is another before I saw it in full on the water.
Photobucket
These aren't great, but for someone sitting in sloooooow moving traffic...this was the best I could do. And again, I was shaking pretty bad, but at the same time just in amazement! I call my mom screaming "THIS IS SOO FREAKING COOL!!!"
It broke apart then formed again just as I got off the atlantic exit. Then the sky dropped. I had lightning hit really close by the jeep...I felt tingles. That was soo cool!! I'm still tripping out about it. I got to watch it move around on the river! Watch it form, then lift, then form, then lift....wow!
C

5 comments:

ohana photographers said...

ok seriously that last shot we would lose our minds if we lived in places that had those! awesome shot tho!

ohana photographers said...

ok seriously that last shot we would lose our minds if we lived in places that had those! awesome shot tho!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

i would've been freaking out-seriously! you are brave!!!

Pinky said...

wow what a shot, and thats crazy and it would freak me out!!

Moongypsyi said...

iphones are not one-handed friendly...wait..one handed...yeah.
~chris

 

Modified by Danielle