Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Invites and Requests

Not only am I a photographer with the bestest bestest friend I've ever had (I can see susan shaking her head at me now like I'm a nut) but I'm also a Graphic Designer. We decided that we would like to extend this service to our clients who would like to have a place to get everything done at one time. We can do Christmas cards (any holiday for that matter) Birth Announcements, Wedding Invitations, Save The Date cards, etc. I will eventually have a gallery, if not, a link to examples. Which brings me to the point of this post :) When I've done some wedding invites for friends, they've asked me about different ways to word them. I'm always on the lookout for these ideas, and I'm usually popping around on different wedding websites for new info, examples, inspiration, and fun reads. One I like to go to a lot is Offbeatbride.com by Ariel Meadow Stallings. She wrote a book for brides who wanted something outside of the box. One post I read was about invitations, and different ways to word them. "Wedding invitation wording that won't make you barf" and one reader Jessie had an awesome idea on the RSVP card...

.......................................................................................................................

I just wanted another great idea a friend of mine did recently at her her wedding which was a roaring success. On the r.s.v.p. card they included:

Number of guests attending: _____

AND

Song request #1:__________
Song request #2:__________

Instead of paying for an expensive d.j., they hooked up their laptop, after downloading everybody’s tunes and had a friend play the list. The dance floor was packed all night long!

.......................................................................................................................

Brilliant!! This is great if you are strapped for a D.J. or even if you have one, shoot out a request of songs you want played!! If you're paying for it, why not have the songs everyone will keep jamming to?!

Here is one I did recently...

No comments:

 

Modified by Danielle