Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pow-Wow Pt. 1

Back in April 06 on our anniversary, my husband and I took our son to a pow-wow held here in Jax. It was first (that we know of) in Jax, and we weren't expecting a huge turn out. We wanted our son to see learn about his heritage. Both he and the hubs are Native American. Both sides of his family have it. We went to many Pow wow's when we lived in the Mid-west. So by comparison, this one was small. I love going, it's a very spiritual experience, and full of so much culture. If you have never been to one, here is a calendar on North Florida Pow wow's Here
and definitely read the Etiquette
I took these with film, and I have probably several rolls more to develop. That's probably why I went digital, it's easier to get "developed". I still use film, and even print black and white at home, but it's soo much more convenient to take digital. I have a blast every time I go to a pow wow, I highly recommend you experience one!
c
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments:

 

Modified by Danielle